"Our Breath is in Their Leaves" Karstad Art Calendar for 2016

Our Breath is in Their Leaves 2016

Calendar: $18.99


This 2016 art calendar showcases my favourite paintings of trees from the past four years of working en plein air. On each page you will find an excerpt from my journal and two images. Some provide a detail of brushwork, and others give a glimpse of myself at work in the presence of the trees themselves. 
I love the relationship between foliage and sky. When I look upward I'm conscious of sharing the tree's perspective, feeling sunlight and air on leaves. The sky becomes part of the tree as the tree reaches up into the sky. 

To see inside, visit Library of One Thing and Another, select the calendar to see its own page,  and click on "Preview" beneath the image of the cover.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cooper Marsh Late August

White Water Lily

Little Marsh in Limerick